My Mum’s recipe …its Yummylicious & My all time favorite …aahaaaaa
- 250 gms prawns, peeled and cleaned
- 500 gms rice
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- Green chilli paste (8-10 or to taste)
- 1 Tej Patta (Bay leaf)
- Cloves: 2-3
- Cardamom: 2
- Cinnamon: 1/2 inch
- Onion: 1 finely chopped
- Potatoes: 3, diced into medium size
- Dry mango (Ambosi): 5- 6
- Kadi Patta (Curry Leaves): 8-10
- Green coriander: 1/2 cup, chopped
- 1/4 cup curd /yogurt
- Vegetables (peas,carrot,capsicum) – no exact measurement take according to your taste & cut into either cube size or julian cut.
- 3-4 tbsp oil
- 1-1.5 tbsp Ghee
- Tomatoes: 2-3
- Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
- Cumin powder: 1tsp
- Salt to taste
In a big vessel, heat oil and ghee.
Add onion, Tej Patta, Cloves, Cardemum, Cinnamon and fry till onion turns pink.
Add in paste of ginger, garlic and green chilli.
Also add chopped tomatoes, turmeric, cumin powder, salt & cook for 1 min.
Pour in 2 glasses of water.
Add all vegetables, potatoes, prawns & boil covered for 2-3 min.
Add dry mango (wash before adding), curd, curry leaves, chopped green coriander.
When potato is half done, add rice and cook till water level is reduced to the level of rice, & then keep it on dum.
Keep checking & add water li’l by li’l if needed.
When rice is done, remove from the flame.
Serve and Njoy
Recipe submitted by: Kitchen Diaries (edited)