Chapli kebab is a popular barbecue patty in Pakistan (and Afghanistan). It is prepared flat and round and served with yoghurt sauce (raita), rice, salad and Naan.
Here is a quick recipe for you with chicken mince!
- about 600gms of chicken mince
- 11/2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon cumin-coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 red onion, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 egg
- Oil for brushing and basting
- Chat masala to dust
- Lemon/Lime to squeeze and serve
- Sliced Onions to garnish
- Sliced tomatoes to garnish
Mix in the chicken mince with the ginger-garlic, cumin-coriander, salt, red chili powder, flour, red onion and the cilantro and mix well.
Let the mixture rest for about 1 hour.
Shape the mixture into about 3 inch wide and ½ inch thick patties.
Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
Place the patties on a well greased baking sheet. Brush well with the oil.
Place in the oven and cook for 4 minutes and turn and brush well with oil. Brush again and broil the patties for 2 to 3 minutes.
Remove from the oven, dust with chat masala, squeeze with lime juice and serve.
Garnish with sliced onions and tomatoes, and serve hot!