Juicy spicy kebabs, also called kofte kebab, is great served with a selection of salad and pitta bread.
Cooked over charcoal, the kebabs are deliciously smoky, but you can cook them under the grill, on a grill pan – or just use your normal frying pan with some extra oil for cooking.
To make about eight kebabs you’ll need:
- 500g lamb mince (Kheema)
- 2 medium onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large handful fresh parsley (use coriander leaves if not available)
- 1 small handful fresh mint
- 1 large egg
- Salt and pepper
- If you like it spicy, throw in some crushed red chillies!
- Roughly crush the cumin and coriander seed along with a teaspoon of salt. (this gives the kebab a special aromatic flavor, but its just fine to use your normal ground cumin and coriander)
- Put the spices, herbs, onions, garlic and the egg in a food processor, and blitz until everything is chopped.
- Add the meat and blitz again until everything is well-mixed.
- Form handfuls of the meat mixture kebabs.
- Grill on a hot kitchen grill or your grill pan for about 10 minutes, turning regularly.
- Serve hot for Iftar!
Recipe submitted by: Arabic Bites – edited