- 1/2 kg boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 or 2 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- A large handful of fresh coriander
- A large handful of fresh mint
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red chili (or 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes)
- Juice of one lemon
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Place all marinade ingredients except olive oil in a blender and make a smooth paste. Add olive oil and mix well.
In a shallow sealable container or in a large Ziploc bag, combine chicken cubes and marinade.
Cover or seal and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. 1 hour or longer for fullest flavor.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and skewer onto bamboo sticks (or metal sticks), weaving the zucchini strips in between the chicken pieces.
Heat a grill or a grill pan to medium-low heat. Low-temperature cooking will glaze the marinade on the chicken without burning black.
Cook the kebabs, until cooked through, about 10 – 12 minutes turning regularly, until juices run clear.
Transfer to a platter and serve.
Photos & Recipes adapted from: The Iron You